Monday, August 01, 2005

I need a drink




Monday. That is all I have to say. The weekend was not long enough. This just popped in my head. Enjoy.

Drunk With My Love

Drink our wine from me,
Wet your lips with mine.
Drink our wine from me,
As it runs down my spine.

Feast on our bodies of sweet and sweat,
Let go of your drunken heart.
Let your emotions go and decide,
That there is nowhere in this world you’ll rather be than here by my side.

Let your mind engrave the sweetness of it,
Let your body feel it all.
Keep it in your heart and never forget,
Of time that we had it all.

Then think about it,
You’ll try to remember,
How it felt to be drunk of me.

You’ll try to taste my sweet lips again,
And you’ll wonder where I’ve been.

Think of our story, of wine and love,
Of the world that could only be ours.

You’ll try to remember with her by your side,
Of the moments of passion,
Of the sweet and the sweat,
When you were drunk with my love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very deep dari. I really like it. I would love to send it to my boyfriend and see if it hits the spot. See ya at 5:00

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful poem. I don't know if some men would understand it. Well at least it hits the spot for some of us. You must have been really drunk when you wrote this. Good for you!! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

~ Dari ~ said...

I was actually sober...but I guess I could've been drunk. Thank you for understanding it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean alcoholic drunk, dear. I meant to say you must have been really "drunk w/love" when you wrote this. In that state where nothing else matters. Like your poem says "Of the moments of passion". Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

Oh..ok yeah, I get it.