Friday, July 29, 2005

Who I can be to many people...



















My name IS Dariela and people call me Dary. It all started in fifth grade when there was (for reasons still unknown to me) another Dariela in my class. The teacher decided that she was Dari and I was DARY. So instead of calling me Dari for short they called me Dary as a nickname.
Years later I've discovered that most people can not pronounce my real name anyway. I've been called...let's see...Darla, Darlne, Donna, Danielle, Darcy, Dottie, Deary, Dotty, Dots, Dairy, Darly, Darielle, Dariels (that one I don't mind, because my friend Alejandro started it, now we call him Alexei), and last but not least Daria. Which later, I actually liked.
Most people like Daria. I guess I can identify with her, except I am not that cynical but my sarcasm has evolved ever since started living with George.
So Daria had been on for some time but there are still tons of info about the show and about her. Anyway, I really don't have a sidekick like Jane (which I actually like too, I can also identify with her..she's funnier though) but then again, no one I know is quite like that character. So there you have it. Me and my many names, and the name that actually means something out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to watch Daria. She was a cool character. I love her sarcasm especially and her "relationship" w/her parents. I guess I too identified w/her. Sarcasm, is it hereditary?? I am begining to think it is. Yeah well, got to go...!!! Let's do lunch soon...again. OH yeah thanks for calling me on Friday to have lunch!! Yeah love ya too!