Friday, July 22, 2005

On Constantine


I bought Constantine the movie last week and I have to say it has become on of my favorite movies now. I have always believed there are spirits all around us that can communicate with us if we want to.

Most of the time I figured if I could have contact with these entities it wouldn’t be a good thing necessarily. I guess that is why I love the idea of Constantine, he has a gift to see three worlds, hell heaven, and earth. I have been told that ,”My dream is to have the Devil know my name.” Can you imagine the power in this? God knows it all and knows everyone but the Devil, the Devil will know you because he fears you. If you are insignificant and you are not a threat he would not bother with you. If you work for God, you have the power to fight evil and win (that's if you have a gift of course, you can't be stupid and start evoking spirits and then get your ass kicked by them...no that wouldn't be smart).

Constantine (the movie) was inspired by the
Hell Blazer Vertigo Comic Book. There are a number of sites that will help you learn more about this character. There have even been rumors for the making of Constantine’s sequel. You may read more if you are interested in Constantine..or just go Straight To Hell.

Me? I’ll be waiting for the sequel….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the whole idea of the supernatural although I heard Constantine wasn't that great. I dunno...I haven't seen it. I'll send you the silent hill link later.

~ Dari ~ said...

If you heard it wasn't great, probably they didn't get it. You would have to know the Bible and realize that although the story was made up, it was inspired from the idea of free will to humans on earth and the everlasting battle of good vs evil.