Thursday, October 20, 2005

Love At First Sight/ Hit Like You're Blind

Love makes you do crazy things…some of which you definitely did not mean to do.














I’m spoiled right? Well in the right way, I’ve been fortunate enough to find one or two true friends in life, and a man that loves and respects me.
So there I was on a Saturday afternoon driving back from the movies when it occurred to me to check out the
Dodge dealership for new vehicles. We were looking for something that George and I could share since he is 6’5” and the little trucks wouldn’t do it.
That’s when I saw it, it was beautiful...the new Dodge Charger. Needless to say, George agreed that it was nice and roomy and we both liked it so around 8:30p.m. Saturday night we drove off the lot with the new 2006 Dodge Charger, metallic silver/gray, 18” wheels, power everything, heated/leather seats, sun roof, blah blah blah etc.

So there, I fell in-love with the car and I wanted to show it to a friend on Sunday night. It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt right? Well, right. I was already parked and I was going to turn the car around, I had already noticed that there were no cars in the parking lot so there was no big deal right? Wrong.

I backed up a little and since there where no cars in the parking lo,t I just drove through the parking spaces. I pressed on the gas and seconds later I felt a thump. I quickly backed up and proceeded in driving and turning the car around as quickly as I could. The first thing that came to mind was that I had hit something and I had just ruined the paint job and I was mortified! Oh to my surprise, it was much worse than I had thought.

As I flashed my lights I realized what the thump was, there was a drainage in the middle of the parking lot covered the a foot high concrete base which I rammed under the car and managed to hit the radiator and God knows what else. I just wanted to disappear, I couldn’t believe my luck. I just did not see it. As of right now the car is in the shop waiting to be re-evaluated after the tear down so that they could check for hidden damages in the motor or transmission. I had busted some hoses because there want anti-freeze all over the parking lot. Boo. My lovely car is sick cuz I was too confident that nothing was going to go wrong.

There goes my record right? I had a clean record until now. I guess the good thing is that I didn’t hit the body of the car, if it gets fixed you really can’t tell it got hit. People keep telling me it could have been worse because I could have hit someone or been hit by some other car.
They say, “It’s just a car.” I don’t think they understand. I still can’t believe my luck, I still feel stupid and that I failed to be responsible enough to make sure nothing could hurt it. They will probably call me sometime today to give me an estimate of the damage and tell me when I will be taking it home. Needless to say, I will not be driving it for a while. Now I’m scared. I stick to my year old Honda Element for a while and then regain my confidence in driving the big car. More updates on the situation later…

So yeah, I am a bit stressed at the time. I hope everything will be okay. People assure me will eventually look back at all this and laugh. Well, ha ha (sarcastic tone), it's not so funny now. I will be extremely cautious in parking lots for a while.

No comments: